Efforts of Head Office, Business Segments to Conserve Environment
Environmental Policy of MHI Head Office
Basic Policy on Environmental Matters
Pursuant to the express provisions of Section 1 of its Creed that "We strongly believe that customers come first and that we are obligated to be an innovative partner to society," MHI shall, as a matter of primary importance, strive, through its R&D, manufacturing and other business activities, to play a useful role in the development of society.
To this end, while remaining aware that a business enterprise is a member of society, MHI Head Office shall endeavor, in all aspects of its business activities, to reduce the burden on the environment and shall concentrate and fully utilize its technological capabilities for the development of technologies and products that will protect the environment, thus contributing to the establishment of a society in which sustainable development is possible.
- Recognize that environmental protection is top priority in the company's operations, and encourage the entire company in its endeavors to protect and improve the environment.
- Define roles and responsibilities regarding environmental protection by developing and maintaining a corporate organization designated for environmental protection, and create and implement corporate policies and procedures on environmental matters.
- Endeavor to reduce the burden on the environment by preventing pollution, saving resources, saving energy, reducing waste, reusing materials, and recycling in all aspects of the company's business activities in R&D, designing, procurement of materials, manufacturing, transportation, use, service and disposal.
- Endeavor to develop and provide advanced, highly reliable, unique technologies and products that contribute to solving environmental and energy problems.
- Comply with national and local environmental laws and regulations, beyond mere compliance by enacting, implementing and evaluating voluntary standards where necessary, and to endeavor to continuously improve and promote environmental protection activities by establishing environmental goals and targets.
- Endeavor to protect the environments of foreign countries by carefully examining the consequences of the company's overseas business operations and the exportation of its products, and to become actively involved in technological cooperation overseas in areas of environmental protection.
- Provide environmental training and other programs to enhance the environmental awareness of all company employees, and take steps to expand public relations activities, such as providing environment-related information to the public and social contribution activities.
- This Environmental Policy is disclosed within the company and publicly.
Kobe Shipyard & Machinery Works Environmental Policy
Yokohama Dockyard & Machinery Works Environmental Control Policy